I hope when you die you get to see your stats like how many times you laughed or told a lie or kissed or how many people loved you and how many people hated you and what you meant to people
12 Things you should do if you love someone
1. Write them poetry even if it’s shitty. I don’t care if it’s fucking nonsense. Write how they make you feel like fire.
2. Let them cry into your shirt. Let them wipe their snot and tears on you. It doesn’t matter if it’s your favorite shirt. If you love them you won’t care.
3. Count the stars with them. When you see a shooting star. Tell them how you wished for them to kiss you. Then fucking kiss them.
4. When they tell you they want to die. Look them in the eyes and whisper “I fucking love you.” Stay up with them all night and talk them out of it. Remind them that they extinguished the pain in your heart and say you’ll help do the same.
5. Bring them roses. I don’t care if they’re a boy or a girl. Roses will make anyone’s day.
6. On the days they’re afraid they’ll lose you. Kiss their forehead, remind them that you love them more than you love your favorite band and then kiss their lips so passionately that they’re questioning themselves as to why they asked that question.
7. Sing with them. They won’t care if your voice is shitty. They’ll be more focused on the redness of your cheeks than the rattle of your vocal chords.
8. When they wake up in the morning tell them their beautiful. Say their messy hair and sleepy voice is the reason you get up in the morning. Tell them you live for their good morning smile.
9. When they’re puking in a bucket because they’re sick, hug them. They’ll resist and say how there’s vomit all over them. Hug them anyways. It’ll mean the world to them.
10. When you touch them, tell them that they are a masterpiece. Every curve of their body is beautiful. Especially their soul. Remind them that they are a supernova and you’d love them even if they exploded.
11. On the days they make you want to tear your hair out, remind yourself that you picked them for a reason. Remember that you chose them and they chose you.
12. Just fucking love them even when they don’t deserve it."
This is how you lose her.
You lose her when you forget to remember the little things that mean the world to her: the sincerity in a stranger’s voice during a trip to the grocery, the delight of finding something lost or forgotten like a sticker from when she was five, the selflessness of a child giving a part of his meal to another, the scent of new books in the store, the surprise short but honest notes she tucks in her journal and others you could only see if you look closely.
You must remember when she forgets.
You lose her when you don’t notice that she notices everything about you: your use of the proper punctuation that tells her continuation rather than finality, your silence when you’re about to ask a question but you think anything you’re about to say to her would be silly, your mindless humming when it is too quiet, your handwriting when you sign your name in blank sheets of paper, your muted laughter when you are trying to be polite, and more and more of what you are, which you don’t even know about yourself, because she pays attention.
She remembers when you forget.
You lose her for every second you make her feel less and less of the beauty that she is. When you make her feel that she is replaceable. She wants to feel cherished. When you make her feel that you are fleeting. She wants you to stay. When you make her feel inadequate. She wants to know that she is enough and she does not need to change for you, nor for anyone else because she is she and she is beautiful, kind and good.
You must learn her.
You must know the reason why she is silent. You must trace her weakest spots. You must write to her. You must remind her that you are there. You must know how long it takes for her to give up. You must be there to hold her when she is about to.
You must love her because many have tried and failed. And she wants to know that she is worthy to be loved, that she is worthy to be kept.
And, this is how you keep her."